Help Is at Your Fingertips
From program logistics and library resources to coordinating with the bursar and career planning, Norwich’s student services staff has you covered. We're just an email or phone call away.
The people listed below can get you the resources you need.
Norwich People and Resources:
- Student Support Advisor - Consider your student support advisor your front line support, coach, and a go-to person at Norwich. Have a logistical question about your program? Need help getting course books and materials? Just ask your student support advisor.
- Academic Director - "Chief academic officer" is an apt description of the academic director who sets admissions standards, creates the program curriculum, and hires subject matter experts to develop the courses and exceptional faculty to teach you.
- Associate Program Director - Every successful organization has quality assurance professionals who keep a careful eye on the process and the product. At Norwich, this is the role of the associate program director, who ensures the highest standards in your fellow students, faculty, and the online classroom.
Norwich Account and Online Classroom Help
If you need to change your password for your Norwich Account Password visit: https://myaccount.microsoft.com/
Contact our Norwich Helpdesk if you have problems with your Norwich email or you can’t log into the Virtual Campus, Moodle, or other Norwich resources.
The Norwich Help Desk is available Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. Eastern Time (UTC-5)
Contact the Norwich Distance Learning Librarian for help accessing or using the library resources:
- Telephone: 1-802-485-2179 (Monday thru Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time (UTC-5))
- Email: email@example.com (best option for weekends -- staffed all weekend)
- Online Help: Search for answers in the FAQ Center
Your student services advisor serves as your first point of contact on bursar-related matters. Visit our Bursar's Office page for general information.
To get in touch with the Registrar's Office, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-866-684-7237, option 5.
- Transcript Request - Need to request a transcript from Norwich? Visit the university's Transcript Request page for information on the process and the form to complete.
- Verification of Enrollment - Need to provide your employer or organization with verification of enrollment from Norwich for tuition assistance? Please complete our Enrollment Verification Request form.
- VA Certificate of Eligibility - Have questions about the VA certification process? Visit our Veterans Benefits page for more information.
Current students can receive help regarding financial aid, to get in touch with Financial Aid, email email@example.com or call 1-866-684-7237, option 4.
Current students have several options for filing complaints and grievances, depending on the context of the situation and the student’s lifestyle. For more information, please visit Norwich's Complaint Process page.