Transfer Credits for Master's Programs

Accelerate Your Degree with Norwich

Norwich University Transfer Credit Policy for Master's Degree Programs

Depending on the Norwich program to which you applied, you may be able to transfer academic credits earned at another educational institution toward your program. The acceptance of transfer credits and the number of credits allowed vary by program, so refer to your specific program guidelines or contact one of our admissions advisors for more information.

Norwich’s transfer credit policy is as follows:

  • Your program director determines the acceptance of previously earned academic credits toward your program’s particular degree requirements.
  • Seminars/courses in which a grade of less than B or its equivalent was earned are not transferable. (The grade must be equivalent to 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.) Grade points will not be transferred.
  • To be considered for transfer credit, your previously earned credit cannot be more than ten years old at the time your Norwich University degree will be conferred.
  • Credit will transfer only from regionally accredited institutions of higher learning.
  • At least two-thirds of the required credits for a master’s degree must be earned at Norwich. There are exceptions to this policy as they pertain to established articulation agreements with specific institutions.
  • Academic work accomplished at other regionally accredited institutions will be reviewed for Norwich course equivalency.
  • The posting of transfer credit for approved seminars/courses will be undertaken only upon receipt of an official transcript and other documentation as required by your program director. An official transcript is one that corresponds with the credit-granting institution’s definition of “official” and is received directly from that institution by Norwich University.
  • Norwich complies with VA regulations and guidelines as they pertain to transfer credits.
  • Substitute credits from any “special topics” seminars taken at Norwich University can be used to satisfy degree credit; however, the total of substitute credits and transfer credits combined cannot exceed one-third of the total credits earned for the degree. There are exceptions to this policy as they pertain to established articulation agreements with specific institutions.
  • Credits earned at Norwich University are transferable only at the discretion of the receiving school (pursuant to Vermont Statutes Annotated, Title XVI, Statute 176, Sec. 1(c)(1)(C)).
  • Use Norwich’s list in the Transfer Evaluation System to see if we have already evaluated your previous courses for equivalent credit at Norwich.  Just select your prior college or university and the courses you took, and if we have already evaluated that course, we will see the equivalent at Norwich.

You can create an account in Transferology. After you create an account, you will be able to quickly enter your previous coursework and see what credit you will get towards your degree at Norwich.

View Transfer Credit Policy in the Norwich University Course Catalog.