Teaching and Learning Certificate Eligibility Requirements
- A bachelor's degree in any discipline from a regionally accredited institution or an equivalent degree from a foreign institution, as evaluated by WES, SpanTran, or IERF.
- No prerequisite knowledge is required; some familiarity with teaching and learning is recommended.
- Graduate testing is not required.
Applicants not meeting these requirements will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
We encourage you to contact an admissions advisor (see below) if you need help at any stage of the application process. You will be required to submit the following items:
- Application form
- Official transcripts from any post-secondary institutions from which a degree has been awarded
- One-page statement about why you wish to teach
If you have successfully completed a Norwich graduate or continuing education program, you only need to provide the application form, and the one-page statement.
To contact an admissions advisor:
Norwich University does not accept transfer credits for the Teaching and Learning Certificate program.
Norwich University, in compliance with Title IV of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education amendment of 1972, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, or physical handicap in any of its policies, practices, or procedures.