Military Education Benefits

Get Connected to the Military Education Benefits You Need

You've earned your education benefits, and we're committed to helping you use them. Our military support team can assist you with identifying the benefits offered through a variety of programs available, to make your out-of-pocket costs as low as possible.

For more information regarding the GI Bill® or Tuition Assistance benefits, please contact:

Shaun McCaughey, Associate Registrar and VA Certifying Official | 802-485-3305

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

Government-Based Education Assistance

Veterans and active-duty, guard and reserve service members, as well as their spouses and dependents, can use a variety of GI Bills to help fund their education.

You can compare benefits easily by using the GI Bill® Comparison Tool and viewing current payment rates.

Forever GI Bill®

The Forever GI Bill® expands the eligibility for and the amount of education benefits provided in the Post-9/11 GI Bill® as well as the length of time Veterans have to use them.

See Full Details >>

Post-9/11 GI Bill®

Get help with tuition and fees, money for housing, books and supplies. If you’ve served on active duty after September 10, 2001, you may qualify for the Post-9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33).

If you are a member of the Reserves who lost education benefits when the Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP) ended in November 2015, you may qualify to receive restored benefits under the Post-9/11 GI Bill®.

See Full Details >>

Montgomery GI Bill® — Active Duty

If you have served at least two years on active duty, the Montgomery GI Bill® Active Duty (MGIB-AD) can help you pay for up to 36 months of education benefits. You must meet eligibility requirements in one of four categories.

See Full Details >>

Montgomery GI Bill® — Selected Reserve

The Montgomery GI Bill® Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR) program offers up to 36 months of education and training benefits for members of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps or Coast Guard Reserve, Army National Guard or Air National Guard. If your obligation started after June 30, 1985, or for some types of training, after September 30, 1990, you may be eligible for this benefit.

See Full Details >>

Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E; Chapter 31)

Formerly referred to as Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment, this program helps you explore employment options and addresses training needs. In some cases, your family members may also qualify for certain benefits.

See Full Details >>

File for Your COE to Use Your Military Education Benefits

File for your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) at the VA website to claim your education benefits.

First Time Applicant

To apply for your Veterans education benefit, go to the VA education benefit application website and complete the application, VA Form 22-1990. The VA will process your application and send you a Certificate of Eligibility stating your chapter benefits and the percentage of benefits for which you are eligible.

Update Current Education Benefits

If you have used your Veterans education benefit in the past and wish to use it toward your education at Norwich University, you will need to complete VA Form 22-1995 to update the VA with your new school and program. This will prompt the VA to send you an updated Certificate of Eligibility.

You must then send a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility to Norwich by email to

Designed by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs, this program aims for the VA and degree-granting institutions to pay the difference between what is covered by GI Bill® benefits and the total cost of the program. The Yellow Ribbon Scholarship is automatically applied if your tuition costs exceed the maximum state cap for tuition reimbursement and if you are qualified for the Post 9/11 GI Bill® at the 100% rate. Not all students are eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program. Given the recent changes to the GI Bill®, you may not find it necessary to use the Yellow Ribbon Program depending on the tuition costs of your chosen Norwich online degree program. It does not apply for active-duty personnel, their spouses, or Veterans receiving less than 100% of the benefit.

We're proud to contribute the maximum percentage rate of 50%, and we don't have program limits or student enrollment caps for the program — we work to make your private education very affordable.

See Full Details >>

DoD Tuition Assistance (DoD TA)

Active military students may be eligible to use DoD TA to cover tuition expenses up to $250 per credit hour if they're eligible.

Visit your service branch for more information:

Note: Some military sites have advanced security options and you may need to accept their security certificate before the site will load.

Vermont National Guard Tuition Assistance Program

The Vermont National Guard Tuition Assistance Program provides tuition assistance for active members of Vermont's Army or Air National Guard.

See Full Details >>

Post-9/11 GI Bill® Benefits

If you are a qualified service member, you can transfer all 36 months or a portion of your Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits to a spouse or child. The DoD approves a transfer of benefits. Learn about transferring Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits

Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance (DEA)

If you are the child or spouse of a Veteran or service member who has died, is captured or missing or has disabilities, you may be able to receive between 36 and 455 months of benefits to pay for school or job training through the DEA program — also called Chapter 35.

See Full Details >>

admissions counselor

Transfer Credits & Military Agreements

Earn up to 90 semester credits for your military training and previous college coursework and use our agreements with the military to save you time and money earning your degree.

See How to Transfer Credit
students walking at residency

Expect Dedicated Military Support

Currently, in progress, Norwich staff undergo Green Zone Training so they know how to best support our military-affiliated students and connect them to all the resources we have available.

Learn How We Support You

Seek Scholarships, Grants & Aid

There are many ways to pay for your education — we provide scholarship opportunities for active-duty military, Veterans and Norwich alumni based on merit, talent or financial need.

Review Scholarship Opportunities

Which Online Degree Program Is Right For You?

Designed to meet the unique needs and goals of active military and Veteran students, you can complete your degree one course at a time. Our rigorous programs allow you to learn in the times and locations that are best for you.

View Online Programs Now
Get Program Details